Master Subscription AgreementVersion 1.04 (April 27 2020)
THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES A BINDING CONTRACT ON YOU AND GOVERNS THE USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES BY YOU, AGENTS AND END-USERS WHETHER IN CONNECTION WITH A PAID OR FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICES.
By accepting this Agreement, either by (1) accessing or using a Service, (2) authorizing or permitting any Agent or End-User to access or use a Service, or (3) clicking or checking “I agree” (or similar button or checkbox), You agree to be bound by this Agreement as of the date of such access or use of the Service (the “Effective Date”). If You are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company, organization or another legal entity (an “Entity”), You are agreeing to this Agreement for that Entity and representing to tymeshift that You have the authority to bind such Entity and its Affiliates to this Agreement, in which case the terms “Subscriber,” “You,” “Your” or a related capitalized term herein shall refer to such Entity and its Affiliates. If You do not have such authority, or if You do not agree with this Agreement, You must not use or authorize any use of the Services.
Each Party represents and warrants to the other that (a) this Agreement has been duly executed and delivered and constitutes a valid and binding agreement enforceable against such Party in accordance with its terms; (b) no authorization or approval from any third party is required in connection with such Party’s execution, delivery or performance of the Agreement; and (c) the execution, delivery and performance of the Agreement does not and will not violate the terms or conditions of any other agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound, or any applicable law or regulation.
The purpose of this Agreement is to establish the terms and conditions under which Subscriber may purchase tymeshift’s Services as described in an applicable service Order Form.
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the terms of the Agreement and the terms of any Order Form, the terms of the Order Form shall control.
General Terms and Conditions
ACCESS TO THE SERVICES
- Service. We will make the Services and Your Service Data available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Form(s) and Documentation. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except (a) during Planned Maintenance Requiring Downtime (of which We will give advance notice via Our Status Page or to the Account owner); and (b) for any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including, for example, a Force Majeure Event.
- Support. We provide applicable customer support for the Services to You as described on an applicable service Order Form.
- Modifications. You acknowledge that tymeshift may modify the features and functionality of the Services during the Subscription Term. tymeshift shall provide You with commercially reasonable advance notice of any deprecation of any material feature or functionality.
- Extension of Rights to Affiliates. You may extend Your rights, benefits and protections provided herein to Your Affiliates and to contractors or service providers acting on Your or Your Affiliates’ behalf, provided that You remain responsible for Your and their compliance hereunder.
USE OF THE SERVICES
- Billing Unit(s). Billing units are based on a per-user monthly or annual license. Each user is defined as an “Agent”. Agents can be activated and deactivated within the tymeshift web application. This agreement does not define the number of users, since they may fluctuate.
- Pricing. Cost is based on the plan selected and billing frequency selected and further information regarding our plans is available online at: https://www.tymeshift.com/pricing.
- Compliance. As between You and tymeshift, You are responsible for compliance with the provisions of this Agreement by Agents and End-Users and for any and all activities that occur under Your Account, which tymeshift may verify from time to time. You agree that You, Your Agents and Your End-Users shall be jointly and severally responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to Your use of the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, You are solely responsible for ensuring that the use of the Services to store and transmit Service Data is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations You may maintain or enter into with Agents or End-Users. You also maintain all responsibility for determining whether the Services or the information generated thereby is accurate or sufficient for Your purposes.
- Content, Conduct and Restrictions. In Your use of the Services, You agree not to: (a) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time-share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Services available to any third party, other than authorized Agents and End-Users in furtherance of Your internal business purposes as expressly permitted by this Agreement, unless expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by tymeshift; (b) use the Services to Process data on behalf of any third party other than Agents or End-Users; (c) modify, adapt, or hack the Services or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or related systems or networks; (d) use the Services in any unlawful manner, including, but not limited to, violation of any person’s privacy rights; (e) use the Services to send unsolicited or unauthorized bulk mail, junk mail, spam, other forms of duplicative or unsolicited messages or messages that directly or indirectly support pyramid schemes or other fraudulent activities; (f) use the Services to store or transmit files, materials, data, text, audio, video, images or other content that infringes on any person’s intellectual property rights; (g) use the Services in any manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the Services and its components; (h) attempt to decipher, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise discover the source code of any Software making up the Services; (i) use the Services to knowingly post, transmit, upload, link to, send or store any content that is (or directly or indirectly supports activities that are) unlawful, racist, hateful, abusive, libelous, obscene, or discriminatory; (j) use the Services to store or transmit any “protected health information” as defined in 45 C.F.R. 160.103 provided that You are a “business associate” or “covered entity” as defined in 45 C.F.R. 160.103, unless expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by tymeshift; (k) use the Services to knowingly post, transmit, upload, link to, send or store any Malicious Software; (l) use or launch any automated system that accesses a Service (i.e., bot) in a manner that sends more request messages to a Service server in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser; or (m) attempt to use or use the Services in violation of this Agreement.
- System Requirements. A high-speed Internet connection is required for proper utilization of the Services. You are responsible for procuring and maintaining the network connections that connect Your network to the Services, including, but not limited to, browser software that supports protocols used by tymeshift and to follow procedures for accessing services that support such protocols. We are not responsible for notifying You, Agents or End-Users of any upgrades, fixes or enhancements to any such software or for any compromise of data, including Service Data, transmitted across computer networks or telecommunications facilities (including but not limited to the Internet) which are not owned, operated or controlled by tymeshift. We assume no responsibility for the reliability or performance of any connections as described in this section.
- Internal Business Purposes Only. Unless otherwise authorized by tymeshift in this Agreement or expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by tymeshift, You may not use the Services in any manner where You act as a service bureau or to provide any outsourced business process services on behalf of more than one (1) third party (other than Affiliates) through a single Account. For the avoidance of doubt, this section means You may not resell or outsource the Service(s) except as expressly authorized by tymeshift. Without limiting the foregoing, Your right to access and use any tymeshift Application Programming Interfaces (“APIs”) is also subject to the restrictions and policies implemented by tymeshift from time to time with respect to the API as set forth in the Documentation or otherwise communicated to You in accordance with this Agreement.
- No Competitive Access. You may not access the Services for competitive purposes.
TERM, CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- Term. Unless Your Account and subscription to a Service is terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement or unless otherwise provided for in an Order Form, Your subscription to a Service will renew for a Subscription Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Subscription Term. Unless otherwise provided for in an Order Form, the Subscription Charges applicable to Your subscription to a Service for any such subsequent Subscription Term shall be Our standard Subscription Charges for the Services and the support plan to which You have subscribed or which You have deployed, as applicable, as of the time such subsequent Subscription Term commences.
- Cancellation. Either Party may elect to terminate Your Account and subscription to a Service as of the end of Your then current Subscription Term by providing notice, in accordance with this Agreement, no less than thirty (30) days prior to the end of such Subscription Term.
- Mutual Termination for Cause. A Party may terminate this Agreement for cause (a) upon written notice to the other Party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of thirty (30) days from the date of the breaching Party’s receipt of such written notice; or (b) if the other Party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
If this Agreement is terminated by You in accordance with this section, We will refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the Subscription Term after the effective date of termination.
If this Agreement is terminated by Us in accordance with this section, You will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the Subscription Term pursuant to all applicable Order Forms. In no event will termination relieve You of Your obligation to pay any fees payable to Us for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
- Payment Upon Termination. Except for Your termination under Section 3.3, if You terminate Your subscription to a Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then effective Subscription Term, or if We terminate or cancel Your Account pursuant to Section 3.3, in addition to any other amounts You may owe tymeshift, You must immediately pay any then unpaid Subscription Charges associated with the remainder of such Subscription Term.
- No Refunds. Except for Your termination rights under Section 3.3, if You elect to terminate Your subscription to the Service or cancel Your Account prior to the end of Your then current Subscription Term, no refunds or credits for Subscription Charges or other fees or payments will be provided to You.
- Export of Service Data. During the Subscription Term, you can export your own data per our Documentation here. For thirty (30) days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, upon Your written request, We will use all reasonable efforts to make your Service Data available to You for export or download as provided in the Documentation here. Thereafter, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Service Data, and, as provided in the Documentation, We will, unless prohibited by law or legal order, delete Your Service Data in Our Services in accordance with tymeshift’s standard data deletion policies.
BILLING, PLAN MODIFICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
- Payment and Billing. All Subscription Charges are due in full upon commencement of Your Subscription Term, unless otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement or an Order Form. You are responsible for providing valid and current Account information and You agree to promptly update Your Account information, including payment information, with any changes that may occur (for example, a change in Your billing address or credit card expiration date). If You fail to pay Your Subscription Charges or other charges indicated on any Order Form within five (5) business days of Our notice to You that payment is delinquent, or if You do not update payment information upon Our request, in addition to Our other remedies, We may suspend or terminate access to and use of such Service by You, Agents and End-Users.
- Upgrades. If You choose to upgrade Your Service Plan or increase the number of Agents authorized to access and use a Service during Your Subscription Term, any incremental Subscription Charges associated with such upgrade will be charged in accordance with the remaining Subscription Term. In any future Subscription Term, Your Subscription Charges will reflect any such upgrades.
- Downgrades. You may not downgrade Your Service Plan or reduce the number of Agents under any Service Plan during Your Subscription Term. If You desire to downgrade Your Service Plan or reduce the number of Agents under any Service Plan for a subsequent Subscription Term, You must provide tymeshift with thirty (30) days advance written notice prior to the end of Your then current Subscription Term. Downgrading Your Service Plan may cause loss of content, features, or capacity of the Service as available to You under Your Account, and tymeshift does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise stated, Our charges do not include any Taxes. You are responsible for paying Taxes and We will invoice You for such Taxes if We believe We have a legal obligation to do so and You agree to pay such Taxes if so invoiced.
- Payment by Credit Card. If You pay by credit card or certain other payment instruments, the Services provide an interface for the Account owner to change credit card information (e.g., upon card renewal). You hereby authorize tymeshift to bill Your credit card or other payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with the terms of the Service Plan for the Services until Your subscription to the Services terminates, and You further agree to pay any Subscription Charges so incurred. Monthly payments must be paid online via credit card and cannot receive invoice terms.
Each Party will protect the other’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access or disclosure in the same manner as each Party protects its own Confidential Information, but with no less than reasonable care. Except as otherwise expressly permitted pursuant to this Agreement, each Party may use the other Party’s Confidential Information solely to exercise its respective rights and perform its respective obligations under this Agreement and shall disclose such Confidential Information (a) solely to the employees and/or non-employee service providers and contractors who have a need to know such Confidential Information and who are bound by terms of confidentiality intended to prevent the misuse of such Confidential Information; (b) as necessary to comply with an order or subpoena of any administrative agency or court of competent jurisdiction; or (c) as reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation. The provisions of this Section 5 shall control over any non-disclosure agreement by and between the Parties and any such non-disclosure agreement shall have no further force or effect with respect to the exchange of Confidential Information after the execution of this Agreement. To be clear, any exchange of Confidential Information prior to the execution of this Agreement shall continue to be governed by any such non-disclosure agreement.
OWNERSHIP AND SECURITY OF SERVICE DATA
- Ownership of Service Data. Subscriber shall continue to retain Subscriber’s ownership rights to all Service Data Processed under the terms of this Agreement.
- No Sale of Service Data. tymeshift will never sell, rent, or lease Your Service Data to any third party. We will not share Your Service Data with third parties, except as permitted by this Agreement and in order to provide, secure and support the Services.
- Safeguards. tymeshift will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data for all paid subscriptions. More information about tymeshift security can be found here.
- Subscriber as Data Controller. To the extent Service Data constitutes Personal Data, You and the tymeshift hereby agree that You shall be deemed to be the Data Controller, and tymeshift shall be deemed to be the Data Processor, as those terms are understood under the Applicable Data Protection Law.
- Hosting and Processing. Unless otherwise specifically agreed to by tymeshift, Service Data may be hosted by tymeshift, or their respective authorized third-party service providers, in the United States, the EEA or other locations around the world. tymeshift provides a few data hosting location options as described below in Section 7.6. Note that in providing the Services, tymeshift may engage entities within its affiliated corporate group and other authorized service providers to Process Service Data, including and without limitation, any Personal Data within Service Data pursuant to this Agreement within the EEA, the United States and in other countries and territories.
- Transfer of Personal Data. To the extent that Personal Data within Service Data originates from an Agent or End-User in the EEA, as further described in our DPA, We will ensure that, pursuant to Applicable Data Protection Law, if Personal Data within Service Data is transferred to a country or territory outside of the EEA (a “non-EEA country”), then such transfer will only take place if: (a) the non-EEA country in question ensures an adequate level of data protection; (b) one of the conditions listed in Article 46 GDPR (or its equivalent under any successor legislation) is satisfied; or (c) the transfer is subject to the standard contractual clauses designed to facilitate transfers of Personal Data from the EEA to all third countries that have been adopted by the European Commission.
- Data Processing Agreement. tymeshift’s DPA can be executed upon Subscriber’s written request. Upon execution by Subscriber, the DPA is hereby incorporated by reference herein into the terms of this Agreement.
- Sub-Processors. You acknowledge and agree that tymeshift may use Sub-Processors, who may access Service Data, to provide, secure and improve the Services. We shall be responsible for the acts and omissions of members of tymeshift Personnel and Sub-Processors to the same extent that We would be responsible if tymeshift was performing the services of each tymeshift Personnel or Sub-Processor directly under the terms of this Agreement. The names and locations of all current Sub-Processors used for the Processing of Personal Data under this Agreement are set forth here.
- Datacenter Location Selection. Subscribers that purchase tymeshift’s Datacenter Selection Add-on in an applicable Order Form may elect to store their data in a specific datacenter location as indicated on such Order Form.
- Data Deletion Requests. You may request that your Service Data be removed by submitting a support request to tymeshift’s Help Center. Please see our GDPR resources for more information.
We reserve the right to restrict functionality or suspend the Services (or any part thereof), Your Account or Your and/or Agents’ or End-Users’ rights to access and use the Services and remove, disable or quarantine any Service Data if (a) We reasonably believe that You, Agents or End-Users have violated this Agreement; or (b) We suspect or detect any Malicious Software connected to Your Account or use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users. This right includes the removal or disablement of Service Data in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) or other applicable copyright laws. Unless legally prohibited from doing so, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to notify You when taking any of the foregoing actions. We shall not be liable to You, Agents, End-Users or any other third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuation of Your rights to access and use the Services. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity by You, Agents or End-Users may be referred to law enforcement authorities at Our sole discretion.
EVALUATIONS, TRIALS, AND BETAS
- Products”). Your use of any No-Charge Product(s) is subject to any additional terms that we specify and is only permitted during the Subscription Term we designate (or, if not designated, until terminated in accordance with this Agreement). Except as otherwise set forth in this Section 9, the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including Section 2.4 (Content, Conduct and Restrictions), fully apply to No-Charge Products. We may modify or terminate your right to use No-Charge Products at any time and for any reason in our sole discretion, without liability to you. You understand that any pre-release and beta Services, and any pre-release and beta features within generally available Services, that we make available (collectively, “Beta Versions”) are still under development, may be inoperable or incomplete and are likely to contain more errors and bugs than generally available Services. We make no promises that any Beta Versions will ever be made generally available. In some circumstances, we may charge a fee in order to allow you to access Beta Versions, but the Beta Versions will still remain subject to this Section 9. All information regarding the characteristics, features or performance of any No-Charge Products (including Beta Versions) constitutes our Confidential Information. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all obligations or liabilities with respect to No-Charge Products, including any Support, warranty and indemnity obligations. ANY SERVICE DATA YOU ENTER INTO A NO-CHARGE PRODUCT, AND ANY CONFIGURATIONS OR CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE TO A NO-CHARGE PRODUCT BY OR FOR YOU MAY BE PERMANENTLY LOST. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THESE TERMS, OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF NO-CHARGE PRODUCTS WILL BE US$100.
- Sandbox Access. Subscribers to the Enterprise plan may request access to one (1) sandbox account which is tied to their Zendesk Sandbox Domain. Sandbox accounts are considered No-Charge Products under this Agreement.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Each Party shall retain all rights, title and interest in any Intellectual Property Rights. The rights granted to You, Agents and End-Users to use the Service(s) under this Agreement do not convey any additional rights in the Service(s) or in any Intellectual Property Rights of tymeshift associated therewith. Subject only to limited rights to access and use the Service(s) as expressly stated herein, all rights, title and interest in and to the Services and all hardware, Software and other components of or used to provide the Services, including all related Intellectual Property Rights, will remain with tymeshift and belong exclusively to tymeshift.
tymeshift shall have a fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable (through multiple layers), assignable, irrevocable and perpetual license to implement, use, modify, commercially exploit, incorporate into the Services or otherwise use any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback We receive from You, Agents, End-Users, or other third parties acting on Your behalf. tymeshift also reserves the right to seek intellectual property protection for any features, functionality or components that may be based on or that were initiated by suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback We receive from You, Agents, End-Users, or other third parties acting on Your behalf.
REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Authority. Each Party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
- Warranties. We warrant that during an applicable Subscription Term (a) this Agreement and the Documentation will accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Service Data; and (b) the Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation. For any breach of a warranty in this section, Your exclusive remedies are those described in Section 3.3 herein.
- Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN SECTION 11.2, THE SITES AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS SOFTWARE, AND NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- Indemnification by Us. We will indemnify and hold You harmless from and against any claim brought by a third party against You by reason of Your use of a Service as permitted hereunder, alleging that such Service infringes or misappropriates a third party’s valid patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret (an “IP Claim”). We shall, at Our expense, defend such IP Claim and pay damages finally awarded against You in connection therewith, including the reasonable fees and expenses of the attorneys engaged by tymeshift for such defense, provided that (a) You promptly notify tymeshift of the threat or notice of such IP Claim; (b) We will have the sole and exclusive control and authority to select defense attorneys, and defend and/or settle any such IP Claim (however, We shall not settle or compromise any claim that results in liability or admission of any liability by You without Your prior written consent); and (c) You fully cooperate with tymeshift in connection therewith. If use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users has become, or, in Our opinion, is likely to become, the subject of any such IP Claim, We may, at Our option and expense, (i) procure for You the right to continue using the Service(s) as set forth hereunder; (ii) replace or modify a Service to make it non-infringing; or (iii) if options (i) or (ii) are not commercially reasonable or practicable as determined by tymeshift, terminate Your subscription to the Service(s) and repay You, on a pro-rata basis, any Subscription Charges previously paid to tymeshift for the corresponding unused portion of Your Subscription Term for such Service(s). We will have no liability or obligation under this Section 12.1 with respect to any IP Claim if such claim is caused in whole or in part by (x) compliance with designs, data, instructions or specifications provided by You; (y) modification of the Service(s) by anyone other than tymeshift or tymeshift Personnel; or (z) the combination, operation or use of the Service(s) with other hardware or software where a Service would not by itself be infringing. The provisions of this Section 12.1 state the sole, exclusive and entire liability of tymeshift to You and constitute Your sole remedy with respect to an IP Claim brought by reason of access to or use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users.
- Indemnification by You. You will indemnify and hold tymeshift harmless against any claim (a) arising from or related to use of a Service by You, Agents or End-Users in breach of this Agreement; or (b) alleging that Your use of the Service or Your Service Data infringes or misappropriates a third party’s valid patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret; provided (i) We promptly notify You of the threat or notice of such claim; (ii) You will have the sole and exclusive control and authority to select defense attorneys, and defend and/or settle any such claim (however, You shall not settle or compromise any claim that results in liability or admission of any liability by Us without Our prior written consent); and (iii) We fully cooperate with You in connection therewith.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WILL EITHER PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR THEIR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY AFFILIATE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA (BEING DATA LOST IN THE COURSE OF TRANSMISSION VIA YOUR SYSTEMS OR OVER THE INTERNET THROUGH NO FAULT OF TYMESHIFT), BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COSTS OF COVER OR REPLACEMENT, OR FOR ANY TYPE OF INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY AFFILIATE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH DAMAGES.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, TYMESHIFT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU, ANY AFFILIATE, OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES PAID BY YOU DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE FIRST EVENT OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION 13.2 IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND LIMIT POTENTIAL LIABILITY GIVEN THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER IF WE WERE TO ASSUME ANY FURTHER LIABILITY OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH HEREIN. WE HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVIDED FOR HEREIN WILL APPLY IN AGGREGATE TO SUBSCRIBER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SHALL NOT BE CUMULATIVE.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages or for personal injury or death, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to You. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, TYMESHIFT’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Any claims or damages that You may have against tymeshift shall only be enforceable against tymeshift and not any other entity or its officers, directors, representatives or agents.
NOTICE OF DATA PRACTICES
- Operating the Services. Subject to the confidentiality terms set forth herein, tymeshift may receive, collect, store and/or Process Personal Data based on Our legitimate interest under Applicable Data Protection Law to operate the Services. For example, We may collect Personal Data (such as name, phone number, or credit card information) through our registration process. tymeshift may also use Service Data in an anonymized manner, such as conversion to numerical value, for the training of the machine learning models to support certain features and functionality within the Service(s).
- Communicating with You. We may communicate with You and your account administrators, send You and your account administrators product announcements and promotional offers or contact You, your account administrators or your Agents about the Services based on Our legitimate interest under Applicable Data Protection Law to offer information about the Services. If You, your account administrator or an Agent does not want to receive communications from Us, please indicate this preference by sending an email to [email protected] and provide us with the name and email address of each account that no longer wishes to receive these communications. You and Your Agents will continue to receive transactional messages that are required for tymeshift to provide the Services to You (such as billing notices and product usage notifications).
- Promoting the Services. We may share aggregated and/or anonymized information regarding Your use of the Services with third parties for marketing purposes based on Our legitimate interest under Applicable Data Protection Law to develop and promote Service(s). We never disclose aggregated and/or anonymized information to a third party in a manner that would identify You as the source of the information or Your Agents or End-Users personally.
- Improving the Services. We may collect, and we may engage third-party analytics providers to collect, Usage Data to develop new features, improve existing features or inform sales and marketing strategies based on Our legitimate interest under Applicable Data Protection Law to improve the Services. When tymeshift uses Usage Data, any Personal Data that was included in Service Data shall be anonymized and/or aggregated in such a manner that it no longer constitutes Service Data or Personal Data under Applicable Data Protection Law. Any such third-party analytics providers will not share or otherwise disclose Usage Data.
- Third-Party Service Providers. You agree that tymeshift, and the third-party service providers that are utilized by tymeshift to assist in providing the Services to You, shall have the right to access Your Account and to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display and disclose the Personal Data of Your Agents to the extent necessary to provide, secure or improve the Services. Any third-party service providers utilized by tymeshift will only be given access to the data in Your Account as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services and will be subject to (a) confidentiality obligations which are commercially reasonable and substantially consistent with the standards described in Section 5; and (b) their agreement to comply with the data transfer restrictions applicable to Personal Data as set forth in Section 7.
ASSIGNMENT, ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND AMENDMENT
- Assignment. You may not, directly or indirectly, by operation of law or otherwise, assign all or any part of this Agreement or Your rights under this Agreement or delegate performance of Your duties under this Agreement without Our prior written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. We may, without Your consent, assign this Agreement to any wholly owned affiliate of tymeshift’s corporate group or in connection with any merger or change of control of tymeshift or the sale of all or substantially all of Our assets provided that any such successor agrees to fulfill its obligations pursuant to this Agreement. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, this Agreement will be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the Parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any and all prior agreements between You and tymeshift with regard to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall apply in lieu of the terms or conditions in any purchase order or other order documentation You or any entity which You represent provides (all such terms or conditions being null and void), and, except as expressly stated herein, there are no other agreements, representations, warranties or commitments which may be relied upon by either Party with respect to the subject matter hereof. There are no oral promises, conditions, representations, understandings, interpretations, or terms of any kind between the Parties, except as may otherwise be expressly provided herein. The headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of the terms of this Agreement.
- Amendment. We may amend this Agreement from time to time, including pricing, in which case the new Agreement will supersede prior versions. We will notify You not less than thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of any such amendment and Your continued use of the Services following the effective date of any such amendment may be relied upon by tymeshift as Your consent to any such amendment. Our failure to enforce at any time any provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of this Agreement.
If any provision in this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as to best accomplish the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE AND USE RESTRICTIONS
The Services and other Software or components of the Services that We may provide or make available to You, Agents or End-Users are subject to U.S. export control and economic sanctions laws as administered and enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets and Control of the United States Department of Treasury. You agree to comply with all such laws and regulations as they relate to access to and use of the Services, Software and such other components by You, Agents and End-Users. You shall not access or use the Services if You are located in any jurisdiction in which the provision of the Services, Software or other components is prohibited under U.S. or other applicable laws or regulations (a “Prohibited Jurisdiction”) and You shall not provide access to the Services to any government, entity or individual located in any Prohibited Jurisdiction. You represent, warrant and covenant that (a) You are not named on any U.S. government list of persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports, or transacting with any U.S. person; (b) You are not a national of, or a company registered in, any Prohibited Jurisdiction; (c) You shall not permit Agents or End-Users to access or use the Services in violation of any U.S. or other applicable export embargoes, prohibitions or restrictions; and (d) You shall comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which You, Agents and End-Users are located.
RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
The Parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the Parties.
All notices provided by tymeshift to You under this Agreement may be delivered in writing (a) by nationally recognized overnight delivery service (“Courier”) or U.S. mail to the contact mailing address provided by You on any Order Form; or (b) electronic mail to the electronic mail address provided for Your Account owner. You must give notice to tymeshift in writing by Courier or U.S. mail to tymeshift, 2601 W. Briggs Avenue, Fairfield, Iowa 52556, Attn: Legal Department with a copy to [email protected] All notices shall be deemed to have been given immediately upon delivery by electronic mail; or, if otherwise delivered upon the earlier of receipt or two (2) business days after being deposited in the mail or with a Courier as permitted above.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflict of laws principles. Any disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved in a court of general jurisdiction in San Francisco County, California. You hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of this jurisdiction for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to this Agreement or access to or use of the Services by You, Agents or End-Users.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT END USE PROVISIONS
If You are a U.S. federal government department or agency or contracting on behalf of such department or agency, each of the Services is a “Commercial Item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as those terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Services are licensed to You with only those rights as provided under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You agree that You have not received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift, or thing of value from any of Our employees or agents in connection with this Agreement. Reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business do not violate the above restriction. If You learn of any violation of the above restriction, You will use reasonable efforts to promptly notify Our Legal Department at the notice address given in Section 19.
Sections 2.1, 3.5, 3.6, 4.4, 5 – 7, 10 – 20 and 24 shall survive any termination of this Agreement with respect to use of the Services by You, Agents or End Users. Termination of this Agreement shall not limit a Party’s liability for obligations accrued as of or prior to such termination or for any breach of this Agreement.
When used in this Agreement with the initial letters capitalized, in addition to the terms defined elsewhere in this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Account” means any accounts or instances created by or on behalf of Subscriber or its Agents within the Services.
“Affiliate” means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such Party, whereby “control” (including, with correlative meaning, the terms “controlled by” and “under common control”) means the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct, or cause the direction of the management and policies of such person, whether through the ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.
“Agent” means an individual (including those of Your Affiliates) authorized to use the Service(s) through Your Account as an agent and/or administrator, each as identified through an individual Agent login.
“Applicable Data Protection Law” means the following data protection law(s): (a) the EU Regulation 2016/679 entitled “On the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR)” and any applicable national laws made under it; and (b) the Swiss Federal Act of 19 June 1992 on Data Protection (as may be amended or superseded).
“Confidential Business Information” means all Confidential Information that is not Service Data, including, without limitation, Your Agents’ Personal Data and Account information, which tymeshift may store in its systems separate from the Service and Our security policies and procedures.
“Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by one Party to the other Party which is in tangible form and designated as confidential or is information, regardless of form, which a reasonable person would understand to be confidential given the nature of the information and circumstances of disclosure, including, but not limited to, the terms of this Agreement, Subscriber Service Data and Confidential Business Information, Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include information that (a) was already known to the receiving Party at the time of disclosure by the disclosing Party; (b) was or is obtained by the receiving Party from a third party not known by the receiving Party to be under an obligation of confidentiality with respect to such information; (c) is or becomes generally available to the public other than by violation of this Agreement or another valid agreement between the Parties; or (d) was or is independently developed by the receiving Party without the use of the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information.
“Documentation” means any written or electronic documentation, images, video, text or sounds specifying the functionalities of the Services or describing Service Plans, as applicable, provided or made available by tymeshift to You; provided, however, that Documentation shall specifically exclude any “community moderated” forums as provided or accessible through such knowledge base(s).
“End-User” means any person or entity other than Subscriber or Agents with whom Subscriber, its Agents, or its End-Users interact while using a Service.
“Force Majeure Event” means an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving Our employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Non-tymeshift Services, or acts undertaken by third parties, including without limitation, denial of service attack.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all respective patents, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, know-how and any other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights.
“Malicious Software” means any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other similar harmful software.
“Non-tymeshift Services” means third party products, applications, services, software, networks, systems, directories, websites, databases and information which a Service links to, or which You may connect to or enable in conjunction with a Service, including, without limitation, Non-tymeshift Services which may be integrated directly into Your Account by You or at Your direction.
“Order Form” means Our generated service order form(s) executed or approved by You with respect to Your subscription to a Service, which may detail, among other things, the number of Agents authorized to use a Service under Your subscription and the Service Plan applicable to Your subscription.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’) where an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Personnel” means employees and/or non-employee service providers and contractors of tymeshift or engaged by tymeshift in connection with performance hereunder.
“Planned Downtime” means planned downtime for upgrades and maintenance to the Services scheduled in advance of such upgrades and maintenance.
“Processing/to Process/Processed” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Service(s)” means the products and services that are ordered by You online through a link or via an Order Form referencing this Agreement, whether on a trial or paid basis, and made available online by Us, via the applicable subscriber login link and other web pages designated by Us, including, individually and collectively, the applicable Software, updates, API, and Documentation. “Services” exclude any Non-tymeshift Services as that term is defined in this Agreement. From time to time the names and descriptions of the Services or any individual Service may be changed. To the extent Subscriber is given access to such Service as so described by virtue of a prior Order Form or other prior acceptance of this Agreement, this Agreement shall be deemed to apply to such Service as newly named or described.
“Service Plan(s)” means the packaged service plan(s) and the functionality and services associated therewith (as detailed on the Site applicable to the Service) for the Services.
“Site” means a website operated by tymeshift, including www.tymeshift.com, as well as all other websites that tymeshift operates.
“Software” means software provided by tymeshift (either by download or access through the internet) that allows Agents or End-Users to use any functionality in connection with the applicable Service.
“Sub-Processor” means any third-party data processor engaged by tymeshift, including tymeshift Affiliates, that receives Service Data from tymeshift for Processing on behalf of Subscriber and in accordance with Subscriber’s instructions (as communicated by tymeshift) and the terms of its written subcontract.
“Subscription Charges” means all charges associated with Your access to and use of an Account.
“Subscription Term” means the period during which You have agreed to subscribe to a Service with respect to any individual Agent.
“Taxes” means taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes assessable by any local, state, provincial or foreign jurisdiction.
“tymeshift” means tymeshift Inc, a Delaware corporation, or any of its successors or assignees.
“Usage Data” means metrics and information regarding Your use of the Service, including evaluating how Agents and End-Users use the Service.
“We,” “Us” or “Our” means tymeshift as defined above.